Nearly 100 years ago, Madeira began producing embroidery thread in the heart of Germany. Surrounded by wooded mountains and bordered by the Rhine Valley, the founders of Madeira demonstrated their fondness for the location with a respectful attitude towards its resources.
Madeira USA is starting the year off on the right foot with the launch of our eco-friendly campaign! Look out for our Shades of Green logo to take part in our environmentally friendly efforts.
For the month of March Madeira is featuring our Shades of Green green thread kit, available in Classic Rayon and Polyneon. This kit features two of our Oeko-Tex® class 1 certified threads. Both kits contain 12 1,100 yard spools of green in a plastic storage box. This shades of green kit is one of ten for the year, so look out for our next shade in April!
For more information on our Shades of Green kit please click here.
Did you know?
- Madeira's Classic Rayon originates from sustainable resources.
- Madeira's Classic Rayon and Polyneon are Oeko-Tex® class 1 certified.
- All of Madeira's specialty threads have Oeko-Tex certification.
- Madeira uses only ISO & Oeko-Tex® certified dyes.
- Water is recycled as much as possible in the dyeing process.
- Patented acquaZero® reduces the use of water by 60% in the dyeing mills.
- Madeira uses only clean energy – natural gas – to reduce emissions.
- In four years, Madeira reduced energy used in manufacturing by 40%
- Threads go through a rigorous testing process for harmful substances.